Pedaling Innovations Catalyst Pedals
A Closer Look
From Our Customers
“Correct Toes has been a game changer, as have the Catalyst Pedals.”
—T.W., Kennesaw, GA
“The Boulder Boots and Catalyst Pedals are still a match made in bike heaven on the mountain bike trails! Other riders don't know what they are missing out on. Thanks again for all your products, education, and help in answering my questions!”
—J.B., Batesville, IN
“I am currently transitioning to Xero shoes with the long flat pedals, toe socks, and spacers for use on my gravel bike and fat tire bike. I have capsulitis probably from decades of wedging my wide forefoot into [...] bike shoes. So far, I've been pleased with the results of your products and am optimistic this package will work for me [...] Thanks so much and congrats on a great line of products and website. I really enjoy reading your articles.”
—D.S., Wilmington, NC
See More Testimonials →
This product is currently sold out.
A New & Better Way to Pedal & Power Your Bicycle
The Catalyst Pedal is a flat (aka platform) pedal that allows you to recruit the full power of your foot and lower body with every pedal stroke. Longer than other flat pedals, Catalyst Pedals enable natural arch support by allowing you to put both ends of your main foot arch (i.e., the ball of your foot and your calcaneus, or heel bone) on the pedals themselves. This unique characteristic encourages more of a stairclimber-like pedaling motion and allows you to better recruit larger muscle groups, such as your glutes and hamstrings, for a stronger and more powerful pedal stroke.
The Most Comfortable Bike Pedal Available Today
The Catalyst Pedal’s elongated platform allows you to use foot-healthy footwear that lets your foot move and articulate in the way that nature intended, which in turn makes for an extremely comfortable ride and helps prevent hot spots and passive toe deformities, such as bunions, hammertoes, and crooked toes. This pedal also allows you to drive—using your full foot—into a solid platform or surface. This spreads the contact force across your foot and reduces your chances of developing common ball of foot problems experienced by cyclists, including neuromas, sesamoiditis, and capsulitis.
A Pedal for All Types of Cyclists
Catalyst Pedals work great for cyclists of all ages, abilities, and disciplines. From road cyclists to mountain bikers to cycle commuters, these extra long platform pedals will elevate your cycling experience and help you get the most out of each pedal stroke. Catalyst Pedals also work great in combination with men’s and women’s athletic shoes, Correct Toes, Injinji toe socks, and Pedag metatarsal pads or Strutz foot pads.
Read our comprehensive Catalyst Pedals Review for more info about this innovative product for cyclists. Or listen to our wide-ranging podcast interview with James Wilson, the creator of Catalyst Pedals.
- NFG Certified Product
- Weight (per pair): 505 grams
- Enhances comfort and stability on the bike
- Helps build a more powerful foot and pedal stroke
- Possesses a sleek, low-profile, aerodynamic design
- Helps reduce pressure on sensitive ball of foot structures
- Allows both ends of the main foot arch to contact the pedal
- Equipped with dual sealed bearings and DU bushing internals
- Possesses removable/adjustable traction pins for excellent grip
- Can be used for road cycling, mountain biking, and bike commuting
- Comes with longer (8 mm) replacement grub screws for extra traction
- Extruded and machined using 6061 Aluminum with T6 Heat Treatment
- Allows you to more efficiently recruit the powerful hip extensor muscles
- Eliminates cleat malfunctions and the need to use conventional cycling shoes
- Works great in combination with men's and women's foot-healthy athletic shoes
- Works great in combination with Correct Toes, Injinji toe socks, and key foot pads
- Offers a simple pedal/shoe interface for quick, easy, and safe mounting and dismounting
- Comes in four great colors: Midnight Black, Bad A** Blue, Ruby Red, and Gun Metal Grey
Catalyst Pedals come in one size and work great for most men and women. Each Catalyst Pedal is 5.6 inches (143 mm) long by 3.75 inches (95 mm) wide by 0.6 inches (16 mm) thick.
Natural Foot Posture
Catalyst Pedals Review
Origin of Natural Foot Care
Top Exercises for Feet & Toes
Neuromas & Natural Foot Health
Foot Health & Cycling Podcast Video
Catalyst Pedals: A Cyclist's Perspective
Catalyst Pedals: A Foot Health Perspective
Cycling Shoe Surgery
Catalyst Pedals Review
Definition of a Healthy Shoe
What is Natural Arch Support?
Six Reasons to Realign the Big Toe
How to Transition to Minimalist Shoes
Guidelines for Using Natural Foot Products
Five Tools to Combat Foot Pain When Cycling
Foot Health & Cycling with Drs. Marty & Robyn Hughes