The less a shoe does TO a foot, the better FOR the foot.
—William A. Rossi, D.P.M.
We believe that you were born with perfect feet and that your feet are inherently strong, stable, and adaptive. No technology is more perfect than your natural foot design. We believe that, with the proper care and attention, you can maintain excellent foot health throughout your life, even well into old age, which is why we offer foot information and products that honor and respect nature’s brilliant design. Our foot health philosophy and approach is stated most eloquently by Dr. Rossi in the passage below:
A shoe, ideally, should be an anatomical and functional replica of the foot. And this can be considered a biomechanical law: The less a shoe does TO a foot, the better FOR the foot. To what degree possible, a shoe has only two functions: as a non-intrusive, protective covering, and as an ornamental dressing. The moment a shoe assumes a therapeutic function for the average foot, the foot is in trouble.
To sum up, then, we believe in footgear that:
- Helps strengthen and balance the muscles acting on your feet
- Helps you achieve and maintain normal, healthy foot shape
- Does not alter your gait or immobilize your feet
- Allows you to realize your natural foot health heritage
- Encourages stability in your lower extremity joints
- Allows your foot to act like a bare foot inside your shoe
- Significantly reduces your chances of developing foot and other musculoskeletal problems
- Restores or realigns your toes to their natural anatomical position
- Allows you to walk, run, and perform your activities of daily living pain-free
- Offers a conservative alternative to drugs, surgery, and orthotics
We believe that the less a shoe does to your foot, the more it does for your foot.