Ahinsa Bare Ankle Lifo+ Black
This product is currently sold out.
A Comfortable & Foot-Healthy Cold-Weather Boot
The Ahinsa Bare Ankle Lifo+ is a comfortable cold-weather boot designed and developed by physical therapists for optimal foot health and function. The upper of this “fuzzy boot” is made of a high-quality water-resistant and breathable leather alternative and incorporates a warm lining for chilly days. This boot, with its extremely flexible and abrasion-resistant Lifoprene sole, is ideal for active outdoor activities or simply for use around town.
Foot-Shaped, Zero Drop, Flexible Sole
This foot-shaped, handmade, and minimalist boot boasts a toe box that’s widest at the ends of the toes to allow your toes to splay the way nature intended. Its flexible, zero drop sole puts your foot in the most stable possible position and allows your foot to become strong on its own. The relatively thin sole of the Bare Ankle Lifo+ lets you feel a connection with the ground while providing the correct amount of sole protection.
Compatible with Correct Toes & Other Footgear
The Ahinsa Bare Ankle Lifo+ is perfectly compatible with Correct Toes, and this combination can be used to address or prevent a wide variety of foot and toe ailments. Other natural footgear that works great with this boot include Injinji toe socks, Pedag metatarsal pads or Strutz foot pads, and Naboso insoles. Each Ahinsa Bare Ankle Lifo+ boot weighs about 9 oz.
Note: If you are new to using Ahinsa footwear, we recommend that you start in slowly, gradually building up your wear-time and giving your body the chance to adapt to the thinner soles and the increased workload on your feet.
- Zero drop
- Extra wide toe box
- Handmade product
- NFG Certified Product
- Low stack height: 6 mm
- Great for use in cold weather
- Great for outings around town
- Designed by physical therapists
- Simple and effective lacing system
- Super lightweight: ~9 oz. per boot
- Lining: Warm lining with membrane
- Travel-Friendly: Foldable and packable
- Sole: Flexible and abrasion-resistant Lifo+
- Works well in combination with Naboso insoles
- Works well with Correct Toes and Injinji toe socks
- Works well with Pedag met pads or Strutz foot pads
- Upper: Water- and abrasion-resistant leather alternative
Find your best size by doing the following:
1. Watch this short video to learn how to properly measure your foot length.
2. Compare your measurement to the sizing chart below.
Foot Length (mm) Ahinsa Bare Ankle Lifo+ Sizes 252 40 258 41 264 42 270 43 276 44 283 45 290 46
Natural Foot Posture
Who Should Use Orthotics?
Origin of Natural Foot Care
Pronation vs. Overpronation
Top Exercises for Feet & Toes
Shoe Liner Test & Pronation Explained
How to Strengthen Intrinsic Foot Muscles
Shoe Sizing Techniques: Traditional vs. Natural
Foot Anatomy 101
The Shoe Cushioning Myth
Definition of a Healthy Shoe
What is Natural Arch Support?
Problematic Shoe Design Features
Six Reasons to Realign the Big Toe
How to Transition to Minimalist Shoes
Six Ways to Restore Foot Health After Surgery