Astral TR1 Mesh Overview
The Astral TR1 Mesh is a rugged trail sneaker that is ideal for off-road adventures. It also works great as a “transitional” shoe for those making the switch from conventional footwear to more foot-healthy models. Comfortable, quick-drying, and with an exceptionally grippy sole, the TR1 Mesh incorporates a ripstop mesh upper with TPU overlays (to guard against abrasion) and water-resistant laces. The TR1 Mesh works well in conjunction with Correct Toes, Injinji toe socks, Strutz foot pads or Pedag metatarsal pads, and Naboso insoles.
Astral TR1 Mesh shoes are built to handle a wide variety of outdoor conditions and terrain. This durable shoe boasts a flat support platform for your foot to rest and act upon and a roomy toe box that encourages your toes to splay the way that nature intended. The foot-to-ground distance of this medium-stack-height shoe is 17 mm (without the 4 mm included insole), making it a great option for those seeking additional sole protection. Each Astral TR1 Mesh shoe weighs about 10.5 oz. Astral shoes, including the TR1 Mesh, often fit best without the included (optional) liner.
- Weight: ~10.5 oz.
- NF Certified Product
- Drop: 1.0 mm (i.e., negligible)
- Stack Height: 17 mm (without optional insole)
- Laces: Flat, water-resistant, two colors provided
- Toe Box: Extra wide toe box for natural toe splay
- Works great in combination with Naboso insoles
- Works great with Correct Toes and Injinji toe socks
- Works great with Pedag met pads or Strutz foot pads
- Upper: Ripstop 2D Mesh with TPU overlays at toe and heel cap
- Water-Ready: Engineered drainage holes allow water to escape
- Insole: 4.0 mm antimicrobial EVA liner that features inspiring artwork
- Outsole: Non-marking, razor-siped, Trail-Grip sole with 5 mm directional lugs
- Outsole Composition: G15 (a soft, grippy, abrasion-resistant rubber compound)
- Intended Uses: Hiking, trail running, rock scrambling, watersports, casual outings